How do I play?
You are running out of space! The game grid is composed of hundreds of hexagons, each of which has an attached timer that starts at a random value. When the timer goes to zero, a dangerous block falls on the square, killing the player instantly. Avoid getting trapped in enclosed chambers of blocks, and your time will increase substantially!
Is it customizable?
Yes, it is! In the "Change Colours" menu, you can not only set your colour scheme to one of nine colour presets, but you can mix your own colours with the interactive colour pickers! In addition, in the "Settings" menu, you can change countdown speed and maximum starting number. Avoid putting this too high, otherwise, the game might take years to finish. Press "Reset" in either menu if you wish to put the game back to factory settings.
What Game Engine was this created on?
Unity 2018.2.2f1 Personal.
1.0.1 - Original
1.0.2 - Fixed black screen glitch
1.0.3 - Fixed black color setter glitch, added browser version
1.0.4 - Properly fixed black color setter glitch, added "Reset PlayerPrefs Button", and added Game Icon for Windows and Linux builds (Current for WebGL, Windows, and Linux)
Windows 10 Installation instructions:
- Install ZIP file
- Open folder that contains ZIP file
- Right click > "Extract All"
- Press "Extract"
- Wait for extraction to complete
- Open extracted folder
- Double-click on folder "Countdown"
- Double-click on Countdown.exe
- Enjoy the game!
Linux Installation instructions are currently unavailable.
- Ludum Dare 42 is officially over!Sep 05, 2018
- Postmortem?Aug 20, 2018
- Clarification on "Settings" menuAug 14, 2018
- saoigames played Countdown on Twitch!Aug 14, 2018
- Linux build is ready, although there are some issues (1.0.4)Aug 14, 2018
- Properly fixed black color setter glitch, added "Reset PlayerPrefs Button", and...Aug 14, 2018
- Fixed WebGL Aspect Ratio (1.0.3)Aug 13, 2018
- Fixed "Black Screen" Glitch (1.0.2)Aug 13, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks mate! I've been trying to make a sequel with an infinite world, but so far I haven't found an efficient solution to that mechanic. Thanks for playing!
ultra hard mode: change all custom colors to white
True! That would be quite hard. I was thinking that perhaps in future I could switch the text color to black for lighter colours. However, that would remove "ultra hard mode" from the game. Thank you for playing Countdown!!